Arctic trong tin tức
Các ấn phẩm và câu ví dụ
· (2nd LD) U.S. names new envoy for defense cost-sharing talks →
Donna Welton, who recently served as assistant chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan, will succeed Jim DeHart, who was appointed last week as the U.S. coordinator for the Arctic region.
· Study: Glaciers could have sculpted Mars valleys →
Researchers found similarities between some Martian valleys and the subglacial channels of Devon Island, in the Canadian Arctic, which has been nicknamed “Mars on Earth” for its barren, freezing conditions and hosted Nasa space training missions.
· 'We Have Made Mistakes': Norway Cruise Company Reports COVID-19 Outbreak →
On its most recent voyage, the ship traveled up Norway's fjord-lined coast towards the Arctic island of Svalbard.
· Life on Mars breakthrough: Alien life more likely under ancient ice sheets, scientists say →
The features bear a striking resemblance to subglacial channels found in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.
· Norway restricts cruise ship arrivals after coronavirus outbreak →
Hurtigruten was one of the first companies to resume sailing during the pandemic, starting cruises to Norway out of northern Germany in June with a single ship, then adding cruises in July to the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard.
· U.S. names new envoy for defense cost-sharing talks →
Donna Welton, assistant chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan, will succeed Jim DeHart, who was appointed last week as the U.S. coordinator for the Arctic region.
· Life on Mars hopes raised as scientists reveal water was made up of ice sheets rather than flowing rivers, scientists say →
Mars may once have been covered in ice sheets like those in the Arctic, rather than flowing rivers, according to a new study.
The China Post
· Outbreak hits Norway cruise ship, could spread along coast →
The 40 people on the MS Roald Amundsen who tested positive have been admitted to the University Hospital of North Norway in Tromsoe, north of the Arctic Circle, where the ship currently is docked.
· Hurtigruten shipping line suspends all cruises after coronavirus outbreak on board →
They had arrived at the Arctic port of Tromso after a one-week voyage to the Svalbard archipelago, also known as Spitzbergen.