“Bangladesh” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· COVID-19: US on threshold of 100,000 deaths →
Fresh tragedy struck meanwhile in Asia on Thursday, as five people were killed in a Bangladesh hospital after a fire swept through a makeshift coronavirus isolation unit.
· Euroseas Ltd. (ESEA) CEO Aristides Pittas on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
I mean 90% of the ships that are scrapped, are scrapped in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh; these are the three areas where we have the biggest scrapping and the pay the most, you can scrap the ship in 30 or in few other places, but you get much less money for that.
· Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK) CEO Petros Pappas on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
During the last month, it has seriously affected Indian and Bangladesh ship breakers and brought demolition activity almost to half.
· North India sizzles as temperature touches 50C →
Last week, Cyclone Amphan ravaged coastal areas of eastern India and Bangladesh, flattening villages, destroying farms and leaving millions without power.
· Nizamuddin Markaz: Delhi Police to file 15 more charge sheets against 294 foreigners →
The charge sheets will be filed in Saket court against the 294 foreigners belonging to 14 countries, including Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and several African nations, police said.
· Covid-19 deaths could top 18,000 in India, says public health expert →
Director of Indian Institute of Public Health-Hyderabad, Prof G V S Murthy said the lowest mortality in the South Asia region has been reported from Sri Lanka (0.4 per million) while India, Singapore, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Malaysia have similar low rates per million population.
· India wilts under heatwave as temperature hits 50 degrees Celsius →
Last week cyclone Amphan killed more than 100 people as it ravaged in eastern India and Bangladesh, flattening villages, destroying farms and leaving millions without power.