· Gael Clichy: Ex-Manchester City defender on Manchester United, Pep Guardiola and Turkey →
Istanbul Basaksehir sealed the Turkish championship on 19 July, ending the dominance of the city's big three clubs Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas.
· List 4/4 of sports events affected by coronavirus pandemic →
WTA: Istanbul Open from April 20-26 postponed to Sept. 7-13.
The New York Times
· Turkish Aggression Is NATO’s ‘Elephant in the Room’ →
Carlotta Gall contributed reporting from Istanbul, and Matina Stevis-Gridneff from Brussels.
· Pakistan PM Khan says mediation prevented Saudi-Iran escalation →
Khan also said Pakistan would maintain its neutral stance in the dispute between Saudi Arabia and Turkey, whose relationship has soured following the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul in October 2018.
· Work resumes on church destroyed on 9/11 →
But when complete it will feature marble cladding and a central dome flanked by towers like the two Byzantine shrines that inspired it, the Church of the Holy Savior in Chora and Istanbul’s Hagia Sophia, which was converted to a mosque last month.
· Travel corridors: All the countries UK holidaymakers can visit this summer →
Turkey has long been a favourite with British holidaymakers, thanks to its hot weather, sandy beaches bordering the Aegean sea, and fascinating history and architecture found in cities like former capital Istanbul.
· Turkey travel: Am I allowed to visit, are hotels and restaurants open and what rules are in place? →
Regular flights from the UK are already in operation, with four direct flights a day between here and Istanbul, and daily nonstop services to Dalaman and Antalya.
· Global Forecast-Fahrenheit →
Istanbul, Turkey;Mostly sunny;83;71;Mostly sunny;84;70;NE;11;57%;1%;9
· 26 Vogue Editors in Chief on the Images That Bring Them Hope in 2020 →
It connects Istanbul to the world and the world to Istanbul.”