“Macron” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· France, Algeria pledge to relaunch relations after rift →
French President Emmanuel Macron spoke by phone yesterday with his Algerian counterpart Abdelmadjid Tebboune, discussing the coronavirus crisis and conflicts in Libya and the Sahel, said the Elysee Palace.
· Poland to hold presidential election on June 28, after delay due to Covid-19 →
France’s Macron visits Poland in bid to warm frosty ties
· C4 Ventures raises $88M fund for for post-Series A startups, in a post-COVID19 world →
Outside of business, Cagni is an “ally” to President Emmanuel Macron and has worked on several initiatives to boost France’s technology and entrepreneurship sectors.
· Coronavirus: Travel restrictions, border shutdowns by country →
French President Emmanuel Macron on April 13 announced he was extending a virtual lockdown to curb the coronavirus outbreak until May 11, adding that progress had been made but the battle not yet won.
The China Post
· AP PHOTOS: Croissants and hand gel as Paris cafes reawaken →
French President Emmanuel Macron struck a note of optimism about the small step.
· A world redrawn: The rich must 'share' says Agnes b →
What does President Macron need to do to give some hope back to the French people?
The New York Times
· Embattled at Home, Trump Finds Himself Isolated Abroad, Too →
President Emmanuel Macron of France has a more traditional French view, especially toward building an improved relationship with Russia, despite Crimea, given its proximity to the European Union, said Thomas Gomart, director of the French Institute of International Relations.
· Donald Trump invites Scott Morrison to attend G7 summit at Camp David →
Mr Morrison attended last year's G7 meeting as a special observer at the invitation of French president Emmanuel Macron.
· France rolls out Covid-19 tracing app amid privacy debate →
Professor Arnaud Fontanet, epidemiologist at the Paris Pasteur Institute and a member of the scientific committee advising French President Emmanuel Macron, said the app is “a tool, not a revolutionary one, but a useful tool.”
· France approves €5b emergency loan for Renault →
President Emmanuel Macron has also promised an €8 billion plan to revive France’s auto industry by making it the European leader in electric cars, including subsidies for new car purchases.