· Agong, Permaisuri Agong extend condolences to Ahmad Talib’s family →
Allahyarham merupakan bekas Pengarah Operasi Berita dan Editorial Kumpulan Media Prima Bhd (MPB) dan pernah berkhidmat di New Straits Times Press (NSTP) serta dilantik sebagai pengarah eksekutif, Meja Berita dalam Lembaga Pengarah NSTP pada tahun 2009 dan Pengerusi Institut Akhbar Malaysia.
· Swiss trial begins of banker alleged to have ignored 1MDB warnings →
Najib is on trial in Malaysia on corruption charges, which he denied in March and said were politically motivated.
· Malaysia still using hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients; health ministry monitoring side effects →
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's health ministry will continue to use hydroxychloroquine in trials to treat COVID-19 patients, said its director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah on Tuesday (May 26), adding that authorities will closely monitor any side effects.
· After over 70 days in Sibu Hospital, Malaysian athlete Jackie Wong expects to be discharged under new MOH Covid-19 policy →
He also won three consecutive bronze medals in the SEA Games from 2011 until 2015, before clinching the gold in the 2017 edition in Malaysia.
· Cinema companies in Malaysia tighten belts amid revenue downturn from MCO →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 — Faced with the spectre of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, cinema chains across Malaysia have begun taking steps to remain afloat while attempting to lessen its impact for the rest of the year.
· Union calls for field clinic at immigration depots amid Covid-19 outbreak →
PUTRAJAYA, May 26 — The Peninsular Malaysia Immigration Services Union (KPISM) has called on the relevant authorities to set up field clinics at immigration depots affected by Covid-19 cases.
The Japan Times
· Rich Chinese snapping up luxury homes from Singapore to Sydney →
The potential Chinese buyers, who stayed in Malaysia when countries started to close their borders, began viewing properties after Malaysia eased restrictions, said Zulkhairi.
· STAR planning to hold forum on resolving issue of undocumented migrants, says Jeffrey →
He said the time has come for a concerted effort by all stakeholders and connected parties to sit down and work out a holistic long-term plan to deal with undocumented migrants and undocumented persons in Malaysia.
· MPC adopts online platforms to assist businesses amid Covid-19 outbreak →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 — The Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) has adopted several online platforms to assist businesses to mitigate the impacts of the Movement Control Order (MCO), as well as to support their productivity and business growth.
· PAS calls on govt to suspend alcohol sales, production to prevent drunk driving in Malaysia →
Kamaruzaman said Malaysia was named the world’s 10th largest consumer of alcohol by the World Health Organisation (WHO).