“Mediterranean” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· British holidaymakers want to visit Spain, Greece and Italy – but most will wait until next summer →
As battles rage within government over the UK’s quarantine plans, Britain’s biggest travel firm says demand is strong for Mediterranean destinations.
· UK weather: Britain to be hotter than Mediterranean as public warned not to break lockdown rules →
UV levels are also very high throughout this weekend, which will see temperatures reaching 28C in parts of northern Scotland and 25C in Cardiff and London - warmer than a host of Mediterranean holiday destinations including Ibiza, Monaco and Barcelona.
The China Post
· Italy’s seas speak: No tourists or boats mean cleaner water →
With the usually busy Gulf of Naples cleared of pleasure boats, cargo and cruise ships, dolphins usually only seen far out in the Mediterranean flock close to shore.
· Spain reports suspected imported coronavirus cases from US →
Situated on Spain's Mediterranean coast, Valencia is home to tourist resorts such as Benidorm and Alicante.
· Greece is the word for Rob Brydon: 'I do have a real fear of diminishing returns' →
One of the great pleasures of The Trip series is the food - gorgeously plated Michelin-starred meals served against the backdrop of the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean.
The Wall Street Journal
· Shoppers Were Pampered at Wegmans. Now They Are the Grocer’s Biggest Risk. →
Customer favorites like the Mediterranean food bars with olives and hummus are back, though with pre-packed rather than self-serve selections.
· France’s tourism industry asks itself: Can we save summer? →
Further east along the Mediterranean coast, in Nice, private beach operator Rene Colomban isn’t short of outdoor space for his restaurant tables and sun loungers.
· 9 best garden tables for the perfect outdoor set-up this summer →
There’s nothing we don’t love about this stylish bistro table that brings a slice of modern Mediterranean glamour to the garden.
· Libya: 30 migrants killed in revenge attack by family of murdered smuggler →
Smugglers often warehouse the migrants in hangars or farm buildings before packing them onto trucks bound for the Mediterranean coast.
The New York Times
· What to Cook This Weekend →
You might try these smashed potatoes with a Thai-style chile and herb sauce, this beet dip with labneh, this Mediterranean lentil salad.