· Iranian professor acquitted of sanctions busting leaves US, Zarif says →
Reports about Asgari’s upcoming expulsion had raised questions about whether he was part of a prisoner swap between Washington and Tehran but State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus rejected the possibility.
· Iran bemoans ill-discipline as virus cases crest again →
· Iran says plane carrying scientist jailed in US has taken off →
Asgari was accused by a US court in 2016 of stealing trade secrets while on an academic visit to Ohio, but the 59-year-old scientist from Tehran's Sharif University of Technology was acquitted in November.
· Iran scientist acquitted in US trade secrets case deported →
He was released from prison in March on a medical furlough that required him to remain in the country in the care of the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, which represents US interests.
· Iranian scientist detained in US on the way home →
Al Jazeera's Zain Basravi joins us on the phone now from Tehran for the latest updates.
· Iranian scientist acquitted in US trade secrets case deported, Tehran says →
He was released from prison in March on a medical furlough that required him to remain in the country in the care of the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, which represents America’s interests in Iran.
· Scientist acquitted in US trade secrets case freed, says Iran →
Tehran, Iran: An Iranian scientist imprisoned in the US after being acquitted in a federal trade secrets case is on his way back to Iran after being freed, the country's foreign minister said Tuesday.