“Thursday” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Musgrave Minerals: Starlight Continues To Shine →
These are exceptional intercepts that suggest the potential for a more than one million-ounce resource here, and Thursday's news release has confirmed that the gold anomaly has been traced over a more than 5-kilometer strike length.
The New York Times
· People Are Marching Against Racism. They’re Also Reading About It. →
Ms. Estep of Carmichael’s said Thursday that she didn’t have any copies left of her biggest sellers on the subject, including “White Fragility,” “How to Be an Antiracist” and “Between the World and Me,” by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
· How one man's family refused to give up in coronaviurs fight →
Brazil recorded 1,349 deaths in a single day Thursday — only the U.S. and the U.K. have declared more COVID-19 related deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
· Aleksandar Katai cut by LA Galaxy over wife's 'racist and violent' Instagram posts →
The Galaxy met with Aleksandar Katai on Thursday.
· CDC director advises protesters get tested for coronavirus: 'I do think there is a potential for this to be a seeding event' →
“I do think there is a potential, unfortunately, for this to be a seeding event,” Dr Robert Redfield said during a House Appropriations hearing on Thursday.
The China Post
· Protest arrests logjam tests NYC legal system, bail reform →
On Thursday, Judge James Burke sided with the city, saying there could be exceptions to the 24-hour rule because of logistical challenges caused by what he called “a civil unrest crisis within the overarching Covid-19 crisis.”
· Iran FM throws ball back in Trump's court on nuclear deal →
As he was flying home Thursday, a US federal judge issued an order to free an Iranian-American doctor, Majid Taheri.
· Jay-Z sends private plane to fly Ahmaud Arbery lawyers to court hearing →
During the hearing on Thursday, a judge found that the cases against three men charged in the death all meet the probable cause threshold, meaning they can go to trial.
· Kenyan police 'killed 15' since start of coronavirus curfew →
On Thursday, the IPOA announced six police officers would be arrested and prosecuted, one for the killing of Moyo, another for shooting dead a secondary school teacher while responding to a burglary at a market in western Siaya, and four others for seriously assaulting a man during an arrest.