“Thursday” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· After cyclone Nisarga, Mumbai's air quality improves to year's best →
Cyclone Nisarga and its accompanying rains seem to have had a positive impact on Mumbais overall air quality index, which improved to 17 on Thursday, the best reading for this year as of now, an official said.
· University exams row: Shiv Sena takes aim at BJP, cautions Governor of 'mad storm' hitting Raj Bhavan frequently →
Amid the confrontation between Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari and the state government over the issue of final year university exams, the Shiv Sena on Thursday said political egos should be kept aside at a time when the country is facing the COVID-19 crisis.
· Meter perfect Cometti called into Hall of Fame →
His disembodied entry into the Hall of Fame on Thursday evening would have suited him just fine.
· Coronavirus: Trump administration yet to pay billions in record unemployment benefits →
That data is due to be released Thursday, while Friday’s monthly numbers are forecast to show a jobless rate of 19.5 per cent in May, the highest since the Great Depression.
The New York Times
· Protests in N.Y.C.: Latest Updates →
· Swiggy expands alcohol delivery to West Bengal after Jharkhand, Odisha →
After Jharkhand and Odisha, food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy on Thursday started home delivery of alcohol in Kolkata and Siliguri and plans to expand to?24 other cities across West Bengal.
· Broncos sign Te'o for 2020 NRL season →
Broncos coach Anthony Seibold was looking for reinforcements after hooker Jake Turpin (leg) joined some big names on the sidelines ahead of Thursday's clash with Sydney Roosters.
· Stormont Live: Commissioner for Older People updates MLAs on Covid-19 →
Welcome to Thursday's live coverage of business from the Northern Ireland Assembly.
· South Korea seeks arrest of Samsung heir Lee in succession probe →
South Korean prosecutors have requested an arrest warrant for Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee, they said on Thursday, in the investigation of a 2015 merger and alleged accounting fraud in a suspected bid to aid his succession plans.
· Samsung Galaxy A31 launched in India with 48MP quad rear and 20MP selfie camera; everything to know →
Samsung Galaxy A31 was officially launched in India on Thursday at a starting price of Rs 21,999.