“Tripoli” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Is Libya's Khalifa Haftar on the way out? →
Tripoli, Libya - For an entire year, it seemed like Khalifa Haftar was hell-bent on taking the Libyan capital, Tripoli, by force.
· Libya's Haftar seeks to rouse forces against Turkey →
Recent advances by forces aligned with the internationally recognised Government of National Accord (GNA), including the seizure of a key air base, have thrown a year-long offensive on Tripoli by Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) into jeopardy.
· Libya: GNA-aligned forces retake military camps near Tripoli →
Forces aligned with Libya's internationally recognised government have retaken three military bases from eastern-based military commander Khalifa Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) south of the capital Tripoli.
The China Post
· Libya’s Hifter: Tripoli campaign to continue despite losses →
CAIRO (AP) — The military commander of eastern Libya-based forces Saturday said they will continue fighting forces loosely allied with the U.N.-supported government in Tripoli, even though his campaign has suffered setbacks in recent weeks.
· US presses advancing Libya government to end fighting →
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday pressed Libya's Turkish-backed government for a ceasefire and criticized the flow of weapons as Tripoli pushes back against a year-old rebel offensive.