“Ukraine” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Belarus’ leader of 26 years warns against election protests →
The Belarusian leader described the protests already held as part of a “hybrid war” waged by antagonists, charging that the West, Ukraine and even his country’s main ally, Russia, all could be interested in destabilizing his government.
The New York Times
· Hawa Abdi, Doctor and Activist Who Aided Thousands in Somalia, Dies at 73 →
After winning a scholarship to the Soviet Union, she studied medicine in Kyiv, in what is now Ukraine, becoming one of the first trained Somali gynecologists.
· Thousands of YouTube channels found to be secretly spreading China-linked disinformation →
Channels linked to Russian operations posted content in English, Russian, German and Farsi about the US's coronavirus response, as well as about the EU, Ukraine, US and Syrian politics.
· Russians in the Far East have been protesting for weeks. What does that say about democracy in Russia? →
She is writing a book about popular opinion and the war in Donbas in Ukraine.
· Belarus Could Become Europe’s Next Nightmare →
To keep Putin at bay, Lukashenko has therefore sought detente with, and support from, the EU, betting that Putin can’t afford yet another confrontation with the West on top of his ongoing provocations in Ukraine.
· Boris Johnson could sideline China with clever Brexit trade move →
DON'T MISS:Brexit conundrum: UK to 'choose between EFTA or Ukraine model' [ANALYSIS]Vote Leave's 'secret weapon' was obscure Canadian firm [INSIGHT]Germany's calls for joint military project exposed [REVEALED]
· Emmanuel Macron unmasked: French President's 'tough-guy' stance on Brexit exposed →
DON'T MISS:Brexit on brink: Joe Biden to 'favour US-EU deal' in major UK blow [INSIGHT]EU to 'copy Roman Empire with great expansion' [ANALYSIS]Brexit conundrum: UK to 'choose between EFTA or Ukraine model' [REVEALED]
The New York Times
· Blame for Beirut Explosion Begins With a Leaky, Troubled Ship →
The story of the ship and its deadly cargo, which emerged on Wednesday in accounts from Lebanon, Russia and Ukraine, offered a bleak tale about how legal battles, financial wrangling and, apparently, chronic negligence, set the stage for a horrific accident that devastated one of the Middle East’s most fondly regarded cities.
· Senate Republicans advance Ukraine probe aimed at Biden despite foreign interference concerns →
One of President Trump’s top supporters in the Senate is pressing ahead with a politically fraught investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and Ukraine, despite warnings from Democrats that he risks laundering Russian disinformation into the United States through the Senate ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
· Senate Holds Confirmation Hearing For Trump's New Pick For Ambassador To Ukraine →
Trump's ousting of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine became one of the incidents that led to his impeachment.