· China orders protection for pangolins amid pandemic →
Soccer was back and so were the spectators in Vietnam on Friday when the top domestic league resumed after the coronavirus shutdown.
· The WHO now recommends universal mask-wearing →
But the changes finally bring the WHO in line with many countries around the world that have made masks mandatory in crowded public spaces, including Cuba, France, Cameroon, Vietnam, Slovakia, and Honduras.
· Lucinda Williams: 'My father is the reason I didn’t go over the deep end' →
My father, Miller, described him as a democratic socialist: he was involved in the Southern Tenant Farmers Union and was against the Vietnam War.
· Meera Sodha's vegan recipe for crispy fried rice with cucumber, peanut and herb salad →
This was meant to be a take on the Laotian dish nam khao, made using rice balls mixed with Thai red curry paste, among other ingredients, and fried.
· Trump wants to be the ‘law and order’ candidate – but his failings in office make him a hypocrite →
The response of Trump – who avoided the Vietnam draft – to criticism from the military has been to insult them in his tweets, and accuse them of being overrated.
· Vietnam soccer league restarts in front of packed house →
Thousands of fans poured into stadiums in Vietnam on Friday as the country resumed top-flight soccer without social distancing measures or curbs on crowd sizes, owing to its success in combating the spread of the novel coronavirus.
· How Big Mama Rosemary is changing the lives of migrant and refugee women →
A Hundred Years of Happiness: A young woman in rural Vietnam prepares to migrate to South Korea for an arranged marriage.