· China became 'more aggressive' during COVID-19; deployed troops along LAC, says US Defense Secretary Mark Esper →
Responding to a question during Aspen Security Forum discussion, Esper said that the Chinese sank a Vietnamese fishing vessel a few months ago.
· No current plans to extend list of foreigners being allowed back into Thailand →
Vietnam’s acting health minister reported 28 new cases of Covid-19 infection yesterday, bringing its total confirmed cases to 670, as well as 2 more deaths from the disease, making the tally 8 deceased Vietnamese.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Sale: Latest Mekong Review and HKFP keyring with free local delivery – 100 copies only →
Stories from the writer Joey Bui about Vietnamese around the world and writing by Sanmao, the Taiwanese writer who died in 1991.
· 100 general knowledge quiz questions and answers: Test YOUR knowledge →
4) Vietnamese is an official language in Canada
· Modi's brutal treatment of Kashmir exposes his tactics – and their flaws →
Or the South Vietnamese from the North Vietnamese?
· Inside the Epicenter of Vietnam’s COVID-19 Resurgence →
In Da Nang, residents broadly welcome the Vietnamese government’s aggressive response to the shocking resurgence of COVID-19.
The Japan Times
· What does Vietnam think of America’s Indo-Pacific strategy? →
Complicating the matter further has been Vietnam’s “Four Noes and One Depend” defense policy — no alliances, no foreign military bases on Vietnamese territory, no activities with a second country against a third, and no starting war (more on the “One Depend” below).
· Why some countries are surging and others slumping in pandemic →
A woman walks past a row of T-shirts printed with Vietnamese flags in Hanoi.
· Johor cops cripple ‘Bobby’ drug syndicate with more than RM700,000 in seizures →
“Based on the interrogation of the suspects, investigators uncovered a drug syndicate masterminded by a 27-year-old local man named Bobby and his Vietnamese girlfriend.