“Above” in the news
|above sea level|
Publications and example sentences
· She Persists in art: reflecting on a powerful new voice →
“I imagined the idea of all these women floating above the water as the sun flares in the background.”
· Great Southern Land: Ripe time to taste tour WA's other top wine region →
White wines, led by the region's shining viticultural light in riesling, have also fared exceptionally well, with chardonnay also a regular standout that punches above its weight in price and quality.
The Japan Times
· ‘Back in the game’: SpaceX ship blasts off with two astronauts →
The two men are scheduled to arrive Sunday at the International Space Station, 250 miles above Earth, for a stay of up to four months, after which they will come home with a Right Stuff-style splashdown at sea, something the world hasn’t witnessed since the 1970s.
· Premier League cleared for June restart →
West Ham are two places above the relegation zone but only because the east London club has a better goal difference than Bournemouth and Watford.
The New York Times
· How to Draw a Self-Portrait →
Other than the above template, you’ll need a pencil, an eraser and a mirror.
· SpaceX heading for ISS on historic private crewed flight →
SpaceX said Crew Dragon had successfully entered low orbit and was on the correct trajectory to link up with the space station 450 kilometres above the Earth.
· Going the extra mile to keep Gardens by the Bay neat and tidy during the circuit breaker →
After that's done, they use smaller cutters to snip off stalks just above the leaf nodes, which is where the leaves grow out.
· Commentary: COVID-19 has revealed a new disadvantaged group among us – digital outcasts →
For instance, should every student in Primary 5 and above not have their own laptop, considering the MOE’s digital literacy plans for upper primary students?
The New York Times
· China and India Brawl at 14,000 Feet Along the Border →
They snake across a gravelly landscape of high altitude rivers, glaciers and passes at 17,000 feet above sea level.
The China Post
· Greece clarifies policy, to allow tourists from all nations →
“Greece at any stage retains the right to modify any of the above in light of changing circumstances,” the Foreign Ministry document states.