“Accuse” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Viral marketing: Indonesia’s president has a new rival →
Ahok, who is Christian, had been leading in the polls but was accused of blasphemy after he cited the Koran in one of his stump speeches.
· The 15 best podcasts to listen to in lockdown →
This dark and disquieting take on true crime investigates the mysterious suicide of a successful young porn star, August Ames, who had been dealing with a controlling boyfriend and bad friends, and accused of online homophobia.
· David Oyelowo says Oscar voters prevented Selma from winning due to Eric Garner protest →
Cast of ‘Selma’ were accused of ‘stirring s***’ by wearing ‘I can’t breathe’ t-shirts to film’s premiere
· With a vegan barbecue and loungers on order, I have gone full garden tosser →
Hopefully, no one will accuse me of forgetting my roots.
· Rubber bullets and flash-bangs don't just tear through crowds — they jeopardize years of police reform →
That includes clashes in which officers may have violated protesters’ — and journalists’ — constitutional rights; Amnesty International USA has accused police of using excessive force against some protesters, endangering their lives and restricting free speech.
· China slams Facebook’s state media rules →
But China’s foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang accused Facebook of selective enforcement and said he hoped the company would “abandon its ideological prejudice”.
· Kerala elephant death: One arrested over killing of pregnant animal that sparked outcry across India →
Kerala’s left wing chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Thursday rejected the claims, and accused right-wing politicians of using the elephant’s death to “unleash a hate campaign” and “import bigotry” into his state.
· 'Disorderly' no-deal Brexit will strain food supply chain even more than coronavirus, MPs warned →
His intervention came as the fourth round of talks between London and Brussels concluded, with the EU’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier accusing Boris Johnson of “backtracking” on commitments he made during the Brexit process.
· Is summer camp during the pandemic worth it? →
President Jair Bolsonaro has been accused of minimizing the effects of the crisis.