“Acquisition” in the news
|announced the acquisition|
|completed the acquisition|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Park Aerospace Corp (PKE) CEO Brian Shore on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Are you seeing any more opportunities coming up for acquisitions?
· Fisker and Karma raise millions of dollars following wave of Tesla optimism →
The startup is in talks with Apollo Global Management to merge with the private equity firm’s publicly-listed “blank check” company, known as Spartan Energy Acquisition Corp. Spartan was set up in 2018 as a way for Apollo to field an investment in the energy industry, and only has until August 14th to acquire a company or else it will be dissolved, with investors and shareholders getting their money back.
· Commentary: Airline industry faces financial crisis with more bankruptcies looming →
Mergers and acquisitions are also a possible outcome from the COVID-19 crisis but in the short term these are not likely as airlines are focused on their own survival.
· Kareem Jackson is Symptom-Free & Cleared for Broncos Camp →
He was among the Broncos' prized free-agent acquisitions in 2019, garnering $33 million from the team in total value.
· Helen of Troy Limited (HELE) CEO Julien Mininberg on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Sales of our newest Leadership Brand, Drybar, were all incremental in the quarter given the recent acquisition.
· Richelieu Hardware Ltd. (RHUHF) CEO Richard Lord on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We hold this performance to our one stop shop product approach, as well as the diversification of our market segments, our customer service, the contribution of our acquisitions and the measures we rapidly and effectively implemented to mitigate the impact of the situation, such as temporary layoffs, reduced working hours and salaries and suspension of all travel.
The Wall Street Journal
· Hedge Fund Alden Emerges As Potential McClatchy Bidder →
Alden Global Capital LLC has emerged as a potential bidder for McClatchy Co.’s newspapers, an acquisition that would add some of the nation’s most prominent daily publications to the New York hedge fund’s existing collection of local news outlets.
· Ackman set to launch biggest blank-check IPO next week - WSJ →
The special-purpose acquisition company, Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, will raise capital through an IPO with the goal of purchasing a company, which hasn't been chosen yet.
· Blackstone's Life Sciences fund final close at $4.6B; strategic investments snapshot →
In April, the company entered into a $2B strategic collaboration with a biotechnology company Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY -0.8%) for royalty interest acquisition in inclisiran, a Novartis-owned LDL lowering medicine that has the potential to transform the lives of patients with heart disease.
· AZZ Inc. (AZZ) CEO Thomas Ferguson on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Those risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, changes in customer demand and response to products and services offered by the Company, including demand by the power generation markets, electrical transmission and distribution markets, the industrial markets and the metal coatings markets; prices and raw material costs, including zinc and natural gas, which are used in the hot dip galvanizing process; changes in political stability and economic conditions of the various markets that AZZ serves, foreign and domestic; customer-requested delays of shipments; acquisition opportunities; currency exchange rates; adequate financing and availability of experienced management and employees to implement the Company's growth strategies.