“Acquisition” in the news
|announced the acquisition|
|completed the acquisition|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· TikTok, Trump and an Impulse to Play C.E.O. to Corporate America →
At the White House on Monday, Mr. Trump said that TikTok would be shut down in the United States on Sept. 15 unless Microsoft or another “very American” company purchased it, and that he had told Microsoft’s chief executive in a call over the weekend to “go ahead” with the acquisition.
· Giants Arrive at Coors Field, Looking to Continue Surprising Start →
Another high-end, low-cost acquisition, second baseman Donovan Solano, had seen some regular duty with Miami in 2012-15, but played only nine big league games from 2016 until last year.
· Element Fleet Management: A Smooth And Quality Ride For The COVID Era →
Prior to the appointment of Jay Forbes as CEO on June 1, 2018, the previous Element management team had made a string of poor acquisitions that led to a significant decline in the earnings power of the business.
· ASX to bounce after Wall St tech surge; RBA ahead →
It also reported funds under management of its affiliate funds swelled to $58.7 billion, which was up 8.1 per cent from the corresponding period last year, partly helped by the acquisition of a 25 per cent stake in Coolabah Capital Investments in December.
· Five Things You Need to Know to Start Your Day →
Through the medium of an ETF wrapper, bundles of leveraged loans and Special Purpose Acquisition Companies that once were the purview of professional investors are suddenly available to anyone with access to your average online brokerage platform.
· PostNL N.V. (TNTFF) CEO Herna Verhagen on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We did the acquisition of Sandd last year October 2019.
· Sherwin-Williams: Stock Appears Disconnected From The Business Fundamentals →
Granted a good chunk of that growth is attributed to the acquisition of Valspar in FY 2017.
· Daily Crunch: Microsoft-TikTok acquisition inches closer to reality →
A possible Microsoft -TikTok acquisition is causing plenty of drama, we review Google’s new budget Pixel and SpaceX’s Crew Dragon returns to Earth.
· Steel Dynamics closes Zimmer acquisition →
As part of its raw material procurement strategy to support its new Texas flat roll steel mill, Steel Dynamics (STLD +2.7%) completed the acquisition of Mexico-based Zimmer, S.A. de C.V.; funded with available cash.
· Trump says he will only allow TikTok sale if US government gets a cut →
Many prominent Republicans, including House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, issued statements in support of a Microsoft acquisition of TikTok's U.S. operations.