“Across” in the news
|across the country|
|across the street|
|across the world|
Publications and example sentences
· Defiant Washington DC mayor has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street near White House →
Mayor Muriel Bowser's defiant message came as tensions remained high across the nation over the death of a black man, George Floyd, in Minneapolis police custody nearly two weeks ago, prompting political leaders in that city and elsewhere to announce new restrictions on law enforcement.
The New York Times
· Cities Ask if It’s Time to Defund Police and ‘Reimagine’ Public Safety →
Across the country, calls to defund, downsize or abolish police departments are gaining new traction in the wake of national unrest following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white police officer pressed a knee into his neck for nearly nine minutes on a busy Minneapolis street.
· Racism making Indigenous Queenslanders sick, says health body →
Protesters rally in Sydney this week against Aboriginal deaths in custody and in solidarity with protests across the US following the killing of unarmed black man George Floyd at the hands of a police officer.
· Coronavirus live news: China warns of Covid-linked 'racial violence' overseas →
But I’m sure I speak on behalf of all of the tourist operators up and down and right across Australia when I say that we want to get tourists back when it’s safe to do so.
· Update: What's Next for Former FSU RB Devonta Freeman? →
There's a good chance the Dolphins make a lot of these types of lists this off-season with a promising head coach, a lot of cap space and various needs across the board.
· 18 states report spike in cases →
Across the Muslim world, from Saudi Arabia to Indonesia, Friday prayers are starting again after weeks of mosques being off-limits.
· UFC 250: Nunes vs Spencer MMA Betting Preview →
Caceres has been submitted seven times in his career and not helping the cause will be a small cage and a submission artist standing across from him.
· After NFL's New Statement, Will Colin Kaepernick Finally Return? →
There are still plenty of teams across the league with quarterback situations that are questionable, at best.
· Federal immigration agents detain Floyd protester in NYC →
Protesters hit the streets in cities across the U.S. for a 10th night in a row just hours after George Floyd’s family condemned the “pandemic of racism and discrimination” at a memorial service.
· Justin Trudeau takes a knee but is silent on reforms to policing →
The march in Ottawa, attended by thousands, followed days of protest over police brutality and racism across the US, prompted by the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, and the murder of Ahmaud Arbery.