“Aerial” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· From Idlib to Tripoli: Turkey's grab for influence in Libya →
Turkish and LNA officials traded threats this week after Haftar’s air force chief said Turkish positions would be targeted in a new aerial campaign.
· South Sudan: an unexplored Eden of biodiversity →
But a peace deal was signed in September 2018, halting armed combat, and aerial surveys and camera traps revealed all was not lost.
· Home Run Potential - Terex Corp. →
Terex operates in two segments: aerial work platforms (AWP) and material processing (MP).
· India’s Second Plague: Locusts →
“We’re also monitoring the movement of the pests on the ground and doing aerial sprays to scupper a fresh outbreak,” says a senior official of the Ministry of Agriculture.
· China set to launch Mars probe and rover mission in July →
The U.S. space agency is also sending the first atmospheric aerial vehicle to Mars on this mission, a helicopter drone that will be used for short flights to collect additional data from above the planet’s surface.
The New York Times
· Your Monday Briefing →
Above, Megan Vassallo, 13, practicing the aerial loop.
· Myanmar army accused of new atrocities in attack on Rakhine village →
On one occasion, the village was also hit in an aerial attack.
· Is Libya's Khalifa Haftar on the way out? →
Suddenly, Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drones shifted from a defensive to offensive posture, destroying a handful of Russian Pantsir aerial defence systems and targeting LNA positions as far away as the Jufra military base in central Libya.
· Scratching the surface: drones cast new light on mystery of Nazca Lines →
An aerial search in the Peruvian desert has revealed intriguing figures of humans and animals that predate the nearby Unesco world heritage site
· Odisha receives Rs 500-cr interim aid from Centre for restoration work post cyclone rampage →
After conducting an aerial survey of the cyclone-hi districts of Odisha and holding a review meeting here o Friday, Modi had announced Rs 500 crore advance assistance for the state.