“Aftermath” in the news
|during the aftermath|
Publications and example sentences
· Sam Burgess accuses Mike Ford of using him as 'pawn' at 2015 World Cup →
Burgess returned to Australian rugby league side South Sydney Rabbitohs in the aftermath of the tournament, after just one year of a three-year deal with Bath.
· US suspends flights by Chinese airlines in spat with Beijing →
The move adds to a growing set of tension points between the world's two biggest economies in the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis.
The New York Times
· Pope Francis Calls Unrest in U.S. ‘Disturbing’ →
The pope’s condemnation of racism and calls for justice in the aftermath of Mr. Floyd’s death echoed comments from other current and former leaders.
· Gun violence grows during coronavirus pandemic group's data shows →
WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans say that the anger that has led to nationwide protests in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd is justified, and nearly six-in-ten now say that police officers are more likely to use excessive force against a black person than a white one when faced with a dangerous situation, according to a new Monmouth poll.
· Autodesk Can Thrive In The Economic Recovery, But Valuation Looks Rich →
While it looks attainable, given the vast potential for digitalization in the AEC field and also virtualization / cloudification in the aftermath of the pandemic, we cannot rule out potential headwinds in case of a slower economic recovery, as it would moderate manufacturing activity and keep investments in construction subdued.
· How to take part in #TakeTheKnee campaign organised by Stand Up to Racism →
Stand Up to Racism (SUTR), an organisation which campaigns against racism, fascism, Islamophobia and antisemitism, has organised a campaign called “Take The Knee” to show support for those protesting in the aftermath of Mr Floyd’s death.
· George Floyd protests LIVE updates: Unrest ensues across the US as Black Lives Matter demonstrations take place in New York, LA and Washington →
Former president Barack Obama is due to make his first on-camera comments on Wednesday about the death of George Floyd and the unrest that has gripped the nation in its aftermath.
· Biden Is the Politician America Needs Right Now →
In the aftermath of that victory, he spoke about the debt he owed to black voters.
· How to Actually Fix America’s Police →
Police agencies also need to be much more transparent in the aftermath of high-profile incidents.