“Against” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The China Post
· China: US Xinjiang warning ‘bad for the whole world’ →
It cited complaints of abuses by the ruling Communist Party against ethnic Muslims including mass detention and forced labor.
The China Post
· Trump looks to scale back environmental reviews for projects →
Jon Ossoff, a Democrat who is running against incumbent Republican Sen. David Perdue, said Trump’s decision to come to Georgia to discuss infrastructure as the state’s coronavirus crisis worsens demonstrates that the president is “in denial and out of control.”
· 2020 NBA 2K League Results: Wizards District Gaming, Warriors Earn Sweeps →
In a series that went the three-game distance, he averaged 48.7 points and 5.3 assists, outlasting yet another big-time shot from Nets GC's Choc to earn his bottom-tier squad a win against an impressive Brooklyn roster.
· Richard Branson retains control of Virgin Atlantic in $2.2b rescue →
The loan from Davidson Kempner will be secured against planes and aircraft slots, Weiss said.
· Gave him ample chance, says Congress, strips Sachin Pilot of all posts →
When did we go against the party or indulge in irregularities?
· Body camera footage of Floyd arrest could show more of story →
Floyd, a Black man who was handcuffed, died May 25 after Derek Chauvin, a white police officer, pressed his knee against Floyd’s neck for nearly eight minutes as Floyd said he couldn’t breathe.
· Young activists, localists top Hong Kong pro-democracy polls →
“The victory of movement activists in the primary implies the continuation of the spirit of our resistance against China’s growing curbs over the city’s freedoms,” said Wong in a Facebook post on Tuesday.
· Race too close to call as North Macedonia holds first poll since name change →
Credited with overseeing the historic name-change accord, he navigated North Macedonia’s accession to Nato as the alliance’s 30th member, which Athens had blocked for years because of fears the nation had territorial ambitions against the Greek province of Macedonia.
· Allegations over offshore funds swirl around Spain's former king →
Corinna Larsen plans to bring a case in UK courts alleging a continuous campaign of intimidation directed against her by elements of the Spanish state since details of the former king’s finances emerged.