“Agency” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Arbery case exemplifies abuse of 'stand your ground,' but the damage is broad and systemic →
And last week, the same agency arrested a third man, William “Roddie” Bryan, 50, charging him with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment in connection with Arbery’s killing.
· France's data protection watchdog reviews contact-tracing app StopCovid →
But the CNIL says that ROBERT focuses on exposed users instead of users who are diagnosed COVID-19-positive — it is “a choice that protects the privacy of those persons,” the agency says.
The China Post
· Police: Student fugitive who killed 2 took Uber to Walmart →
He might try to use another ride-hailing service to flee, the agency said.
· Canada police arrest 20 and charge hundreds in violent tow truck turf wars →
Project Platinum began in February as a joint operation between a number of Ontario police forces and the Canada revenue agency, and has resulted in the seizure of cash, fentanyl, cocaine, all totalling $1.5m CAD.
The China Post
· Black man dies after video shows officer kneeling on neck →
All body camera footage has been turned over to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, and the agency asked to speak with anyone who saw the arrest or recorded video.
· Elbit Systems (ESLT) CEO, Bezhalel Machlis on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
In February, Midroog, the Israel rating agency affiliated with Moody’s reaffirmed our AA-1 local rating on our Series A notes following a review of our financials.
· The NBC Political Unit's Senate primaries and run-offs to watch →
WASHINGTON — Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is asking the heads of four government agencies if President Donald Trump is “weaponizing” federal agencies by forcing them to cooperate with investigations into Trump’s 2020 rival, former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
· 48North Cannabis Corp. (NCNNF) CEO Charles Vennat on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Fume Labs will manufacture 48North’s and humble+fume's vaporizer products, contract manufacture cannabis products for cannabis brands, licensed producers and retail brands, and leverage humble+fume's extensive nationwide sales and distribution network, and act as the sales agency for products produced at the facility.
The New York Times
· After Crowding at Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri Officials Urge Quarantine →
“The reckless behavior displayed during this weekend risks setting our community back substantially for the progress we’ve already made in slowing the spread of Covid-19,” Dr. Lee A. Norman, the agency’s secretary, said in a statement.
The China Post
· Dangerous blood clots pose a perplexing coronavirus threat →
Prevalence in patients with mild disease is unknown and the agency says there isn’t enough evidence to recommend routine clot screening for all virus patients without clotting symptoms, which may include swelling, pain or reddish discoloring in an arm or leg.