“Allege” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The China Post
· Eagles’ Don Henley asks Congress to change copyright law →
On the other side, users of the content have accused copyright holders of alleging infringement where it doesn’t exist.
· Readers reminisce as two MPH bookstores in Klang Valley close on June 6, others to follow suit →
Following several social media posts alleging the closure of nine MPH stores nationwide including four in the Klang Valley, Malay Mail’s checks with staff members confirmed that the MyTown and Subang Parade outlets will close on this Saturday, June 6.
· In pictures: Police brutality against protesters at protests against police brutality →
A lawsuit alleges officers did not announce they were entering, and had already apprehended the suspect in their investigation when she was shot.
· Hunt on for alleged arsonists after Gold Coast marina blaze →
Police will allege two people were seen throwing petrol on one of the boats and setting fire to it, with four others damaged in the blaze that followed.
· Jefferies seeks to claw back bonuses from bankers hired by Cantor →
In the U.S., Cantor alleges that the repayment agreements between Jefferies and its ex-employees are unlawful.
· Lawsuit over Trump's social media order says it will chill speech online →
The Center for Democracy & Technology sued President Donald Trump on Tuesday, alleging his executive order on social media violates the First Amendment.
· ED files chargesheet against Chidambaram, son Karti in INX Media money-laundering case →
The CBI had registered its case on May 15, 2017, alleging irregularities in a Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance granted to the INX Media group for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007, during Chidambaram’s tenure as finance minister.
· Violence spreads in US as Trump faces anger for ordering force →
In March, 26-year-old Breonna Taylor was shot dead in her own apartment in Louisville by police who barged in, alleging her home had been used by drug dealers.
· Why is Derek Chauvin being charged with third-degree murder rather than first? This is what prosecutors told me →
Only at the very end does it explicitly allege any wrongdoing by Chauvin, stating: “The defendant had his knee on Mr Floyd’s neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in total.