· The governor says Minneapolis is 'under assault'. Who is behind the protests? →
Those the governor called anarchists were often seen alongside the men smashing up shops, but did not necessarily stay to plunder.
The New York Times
· ‘They’re Just Doing Whatever They Want.’ Few Masks Are Seen as Beach Town Reopens. →
The illness at home is “always in the back of your mind,” said Ms. Kaler, a part-time nursing assistant standing alongside her husband, who was enjoying the sunshine on a newly reopened public bench.
· Trump’s claim that DC police didn’t protect the White House from protesters is false →
About an hour after the Secret Service statement came out, Mayor Bowser held a press conference alongside DC Police Chief Peter Newsham in which she addressed Trump’s tweet.
· How much would it cost to make free childcare permanent, and would it be a good idea? →
Note: some studies and data do not or cannot distinguish between childcare and education, such as the OECD figures, and preschool education is often assessed alongside childcare when looking at funding and costs.
· Why is coronavirus killing BAME Britons? →
Some scientists are examining whether a genetic component, alongside the other risk factors, may also predispose BAME populations to complications from COVID-19.
· How virtual collaborations helping music artistes in times of Covid →
It was a pleasant surprise for music lovers across the world when Sethi brought together legendary Pakistani singer Farida Khanum alongside Indian playback singer Rekha Bhardwaj and music and film director Vishal Bhardwaj.
· Nike urges people to stand against racism in striking new ad →
The newest ad was also shared alongside the hashtag, #UntilWeAllWin, which is Nike's call for equality.
The China Post
· As Minneapolis burns, mayor takes heat for the response →
Walz also took pains to praise Frey, who appeared alongside him after another night of unrest.
· Killer Mike's viral speech cuts to the heart of the nationwide protests →
The Atlanta-based Run the Jewels rapper, whose real name is Michael Render, appeared alongside Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and others in a public plea aimed at ending the unrest.
· Who is Hunter Biden and could he impact his father's campaign? →
Grieving alongside him is Hunter Biden, the former vice president's last living son, whose private life has been mired in controversy as he struggled with sobriety and emerged as a central figure in Donald Trump's efforts to undermine his political rival as he seeks re-election.