“Ambassador” in the news
|served as ambassador|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Trump snub: China concocts sneaky revenge for Trump's vicious attack over virus →
China’s UN ambassador, Zhang Jun, said he had put in China’s instrument of consent to the treaty.
· China slams US as it joins global arms trade treaty at UN →
China's UN ambassador, Zhang Jun, said he had deposited China's instrument of accession to the treaty, which regulates a US$70 billion (RM299.9 billion) global cross-border trade in conventional arms and seeks to keep weapons out of the hands of human rights abusers.
The Japan Times
· Brazil’s Bolsonaro undergoing coronavirus test after showing symptoms →
Since then, he has mingled with members of his administration and the general public, and had lunch with the U.S. ambassador to Brazil on Saturday.
· Fiat 500 features in new virtual museum →
The new museum, which will remain virtual in 2020, pays homage to an ambassador of la dolce vita which, since it first appeared in 1957, has been exhibited all over the world, most notably in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, United States.
The New York Times
· Bolsonaro Takes New Covid Test After Attending July 4 Lunch Without Mask →
Most recently, he attended a luncheon on Saturday hosted by the American ambassador in Brazil to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday.
· Brazil's Bolsonaro tests again for COVID-19 →
Over the weekend, Bolsonaro attended multiple events and was in close contact with the US ambassador to Brazil during Jul 4 celebrations.
· UN chief warns COVID-19 provides opportunity for terrorists →
Ambassador Kais Kabtani, who chairs the U.N. Security Council’s counter-terrorism committee, said its recent report on COVID-19 described how the pandemic may have temporarily limited operations of terrorist groups because of lockdowns and travel restrictions — but also how groups including the Islamic State are exploiting increased social isolation and online use “to spread their propaganda through virtual platforms.”
· Spencer Cox wins Republican primary in Utah governor’s race →
Ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr.
· The Latest: Young people most of Arizona’s confirmed cases →
Ambassador Kais Kabtani said with global attention focused on tackling the pandemic, terrorist groups are also seeking to capitalize “by undermining state authority and launching new attacks.”
· Iraqi terrorism expert shot dead outside home →
British Ambassador to Iraq, Stephen Hickey, said he was “devastated and deeply saddened” by the news of al-Hashimi's death.