|served as ambassador||大使を務めた|
The New York Times
· Mike Pompeo Is the Worst Secretary of State Ever →
One was the distinguished U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, whom Pompeo removed on the orders of Trump and Trump’s nut-job lawyer Rudy Giuliani.
The New York Times
· Ex-Head of Australian Girls School Is Fit for Trial, Israeli Court Says →
“The court decision that Malka Leifer is fit to stand trial is truly wonderful,” Mark Sofer, Israel’s ambassador to Australia, wrote on Twitter.
· Gulf Oil releases new campaign highlighting the need to live positively in the new normal →
Lubricant manufacturing and marketing company Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd has launched a campaign #NewWayForward featuring brand ambassador MS Dhoni to highlight the significance of having a positive outlook when we are all set to return to our daily routine post-lockdown.
· Zambian president pardons gay couple jailed for 15 years →
The case drew criticism from then US ambassador Daniel Foote, who said the sentence was too harsh and could damage Zambia’s reputation.
· One giant leap: meet the new generation of male ballet stars →
Having a social media profile is part of the job for dancers now, and the combination of gorgeous bodies and photogenic grit and strength has turned out to be catnip for brands looking for ambassadors and influencers.
· Trump's coronavirus failures have caused the 'American carnage' he promised to end →
Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power and foreign policy adviser to Sens.
· China's virus diplomacy: global saviour or 'Wolf Warrior'? →
In Australia, the Chinese ambassador threatened a consumer boycott of the country's products after Canberra called for an independent investigation into the origins and spread of the coronavirus.
· 'I will kill you if you give this song to anyone but me': how Peggy Lee was perfect for Is That All There Is? →
Among the audience at The Doll House was Frank Bering, who owned the Ambassador West Hotel in Chicago.
The Japan Times
· High-stakes power play: Xi moves to subdue Hong Kong →
After Australia last month called for an independent inquiry into the origins and spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, China’s ambassador said Chinese consumers could boycott Australian beef, wine and tourism.
· Hungary to erect monument in memory of S. Korean victims of boat sinking →
Among the attendees will be South Korean Ambassador to Hungary Choe Kyoo-sik and Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto, according to the embassy.