Ambassador в новостях
|appointed ambassador||Назначенный посол|
|brand ambassador||Посол бренда|
|first ambassador||Первый посол|
|former ambassador||Бывший посол|
|served as ambassador||Служил послом|
Публикации и примеры предложений
Hong Kong Free Press
· It is ‘One Country, One System’: Donald Trump strips Hong Kong of privileges →
“The United States is resolute, and calls upon all UN members states to join us in demanding that the PRC immediately reverse course and honor its international legal commitments to this institution and to the Hong Kong people,” said US Ambassador Kelly Craft, referring to the People’s Republic of China.
The Japan Times
· Transcripts confirm Michael Flynn talked about U.S. sanctions with Russian envoy →
Washington – Newly declassified transcripts confirm that Michael Flynn, who became President Donald Trump’s first national security adviser, discussed U.S. sanctions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak before Trump’s inauguration.
· US, Britain raise Hong Kong at UN Security Council, angering China →
US Ambassador Kelly Craft asked: “Are we going to take the honourable stand to defend the human rights and the dignified way of life that millions of Hong Kong citizens have enjoyed and deserve ... or are we going to allow the Chinese Communist Party to violate international law and force its will on the people of Hong Kong?”
The New York Times
· Flynn Discussed Sanctions at Length With Russian Diplomat, Transcripts Show →
Mr. Flynn has said he does not remember talking in late 2016 with the Russian ambassador to the United States at the time, Sergey I. Kislyak, about sanctions newly imposed by the Obama administration as punishment for Russia’s election meddling.
· Trump ex-adviser Flynn asked Russia to avoid 'tit-for-tat,' new transcript shows →
WASHINGTON, May 30 ― US President Donald Trump's former adviser Michael Flynn asked Russia's ambassador to help avoid an escalation in diplomatic sanctions during a call between Trump's election and inauguration, a transcript released yesterday showed.
· Michael Flynn asked Russia for "reciprocal" action against Obama-era sanctions →
Why it matters: The Justice Department dropped its prosecution of Flynn earlier this month, after he pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to FBI agents about discussing sanctions with Sergey Kislyak, the former Russian ambassador.
The China Post
· US and China clash over Hong Kong laws at closed UN meeting →
Ambassador Zhang Jun accused the U.S. and UK of meddling in the country’s internal affairs and making baseless accusations that the law risks curtailing freedoms guaranteed in the December 1984 Sino-British agreement that led to the 1997 handover of the British colony to China.
The Wall Street Journal
· Intelligence Chief Declassifies Transcripts of Calls Between Michael Flynn and Then-Russian Ambassador →
WASHINGTON—Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Friday sent to Congress declassified transcripts of some of Michael Flynn’s calls with the Russian ambassador that occurred during the 2016 presidential transition.
· Trump escalates US-China conflict with new sanctions, measures →
Russia's Deputy UN Ambassador Dmitry Polyanskiy posted on Twitter after the council discussion.
· Key decision awaits new intel chief over release of Flynn call →
Amid a raging political fight over the origins of the Russia probe, there have been growing calls from Republicans and Democrats alike to release “transcripts” or “tapes” of calls from December 2016 between Flynn, then the incoming national security adviser, and Sergey Kislyak, then the Russian ambassador to the U.S.