“Ammunition” in the news
|arms and ammunition|
|guns and ammunition|
|rounds of ammunition|
|weapons and ammunition|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· German police continue Black Forest manhunt, seek motive →
Prosecutor Herwig Schaefer said the suspect was banned from possessing weapons and ammunition in 2010 and had never been in a shooting club.
· US executes first federal prisoner since 2003, relatives of man’s victims disavow execution →
Prosecutors said Lee and Kehoe incapacitated the Muellers and questioned Sarah about where they could find money and ammunition.
The New York Times
· U.S. and China, Caught in ‘Ideological Spiral,’ Drift Toward Cold War →
Domestic politics in both countries have hardened views and given ammunition to hawks.
· Pray for Kabeer, Chapter I: The School Play, the Minister of Defense and the Fall of a Hero →
One has an extra magazine of ammunition and a nine-inch knife.
· Bastille Day 2020: What is Bastille Day? How to say Happy Bastille Day in French →
Just seven prisoners were in residence when the revolutionaries stormed the building, but the mob breached the walls in search of its vast ammunition stores, taking control and igniting the revolution which would set up the principled French republic.
· The U.S. must respond forcefully to Russia and the Taliban. Here’s how. →
Russia provided small arms, ammunition and money with the intention of sustaining the Taliban in the fight and gaining influence ahead of the anticipated withdrawal of U.S. and NATO troops.
· Major £1bn Royal Navy ship contracts could be scrapped after UK lockdown financial crisis →
The role of these ships is to supply aircraft carriers with ammunition and food.