“Applicant” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Tax Deducted at Source: Quarterly payment of TDS could be a ‘Saviour’ for taxpayers in Corona crisis →
Accordingly, if the Assessing Officer grants permission to the applicant to deposit TDS on quarterly basis instead of monthly basis, the interest at the rate of 1.5% per month under section 201(1A) should not be levied if assessee fails to make the monthly payment of TDS but timelines prescribed under Rule 30(3) to make quarterly payment of TDS have been duly complied with.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Aid: Millions Can See Its End, and They’re Scared →
Many applicants waited weeks or months for payments.
· Harvard students of color: Removing affirmative action would be a loss for everyone →
“Every applicant has a different story to tell, and race can be a part of that story.
· Dollar General Corporation (DG) CEO Todd Vasos on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Additionally, we continue to be pleased with our strong applicant flows as evidenced by the hiring of more than 50,000 people since mid-March.
· Govt launches instant paperless, free e-PAN facility →
The government on Thursday launched the facility to generate instant electronic permanent account number (e-PAN), which is available for applicants having a mobile number linked with their Aadhar.
· Federal Bank net falls 21% year-on-year as provisions increase →
Shyam Srinivasan, managing director & CEO, Federal Bank, said it is yet unclear if the number of applicants will increase now that the breather has been extended by another three months to the end of August.
The New York Times
· Hungary Outlaws Changing Gender on Documents After Birth →
“This law is unparalleled in Europe,” said Bea Bodrogi, a Hungarian lawyer representing 23 transgender applicants to the European Court of Human Rights.
· Coronavirus: 40 million Americans unemployed since start of pandemic, figures show →
The rate of first-time applicants requesting unemployment aid has fallen for eight weeks consecutively, though the weekly figures remain historically high.
· Delhi University admissions 2020: Tentative schedule released; check dates, application procedure →
Applicants are requested to register on the official admission portal du.ac.in as the whole process of admissions will be administered through the online portal only, the release issued by the Delhi University read.