|art and architecture||アートと建築|
|style of architecture||建築様式|
· How startups can leverage elastic services for cost optimization →
A modern product with a cloud-native architecture can auto-scale cloud consumption to mitigate lost operational demand.
· The decline of universities, where students are customers and academics itinerant workers →
Elizabeth Farrelly is a Sydney-based columnist and author who holds a PhD in architecture and several international writing awards.
· Chinese Aggression Presents an Opportunity for India →
China’s aggression in Ladakh is an opportunity for India to clearly define its own role and participate in the security architecture of the Indo-Pacific.
· Xbox Series X will be able to play your older games in HDR and up to 120fps; here’s why it matters →
Even though the Xbox Series X will be a next generation console with a next generation chip architecture, it will still be compatible with all existing backward compatible Xbox and Xbox 360 games, and Xbox One titles, and it will be able to play them natively “with the full power of the CPU, GPU and the SSD.” Not only will these games run at “peak” performance, in some cases, they’ll be able to perform even better.
· Will We Ever Get the Gym Back? →
His monologue included the illustrative economy of Jack White’s songs (“when you do something right, you don’t have to do it all day”); the architecture of glycogen reserves (“closets to store energy,” which we remodel and expand through careful training); a not-insubstantial anecdote about Lenny Kravitz’s drummer (“I bet she’s glad she had glycogen in those closets”); and a vivid sensorial depiction of what it’s like to have to pee very, very badly.
· Volkswagen pumps 2 billion euros into China electric vehicle bet →
Volkswagen's China chief Stephan Woellenstein told reporters on Friday the venture planned to revamp one existing JAC plant and launch its first electric model based on its MEB platform, an architecture enabling efficient production of various EV models, in 2023.
The China Post
· 跳島玩透透 世界15大自然奇景「魔幻螢光海」就在馬祖 | Island-hopping among natural wonders — Matsu Islands’ magical fluorescent sea →
In the past, it had served as an outpost for defending Taiwan and the Penghu Islands, and its traditional architecture is distinct from the rest of Taiwan.
The New York Times
· ‘It’s Like I’m Floating’: Skating New York Under Lockdown →
“As street skaters, we interpret the architecture around us and our surroundings differently than a regular person.”
· Stocks To Buy In A Post-Pandemic World →
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT): As you can see, we went from telecommunications/teleconferencing/security, to cloud storage and software architecture and now to a combination of it all.
· Signs of the times: how Douglas Coupland's art came to life under coronavirus →
I also began delving into specific themes such as robotics for the Vitra Design Museum in Basel, ecology at Montreal’s Canadian Centre for Architecture, and the near future at the Shanghai Himalayas Museum.