|armed conflict||Silahlı çatışma|
|armed forces||Silahlı kuvvetler|
|armed men||Silahlı adamlar|
|armed robbery||Silahlı soygun|
|heavily armed||Ağır silahlı|
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
The China Post
· UN: Libya’s warring sides have agreed to restart peace talks →
On Sunday, Hifter’s self-styled Libyan Arab Armed Forces recaptured the strategic town of al-Asabaa, about 50 kilometers (31 miles) south of the capital, after launching airstrikes on militias in the area, according to Ahmed al-Mosmari, a spokesman for the group.
· Trump threatens to deploy military against protests as police fire teargas nearby →
The president added: “I am also taking swift and decisive action to protect our capital, Washington DC ... As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and wanton destruction of property.
· History Will Judge the Complicit →
Hoffmann observed that many of those who became ideological collaborators were landowners and aristocrats, “the cream of the top of the civil service, of the armed forces, of the business community,” people who perceived themselves as part of a natural ruling class that had been unfairly deprived of power under the left-wing governments of France in the 1930s.
· US ups National Guard forces to quell Washington unrest, readies active duty troops →
A second defence official said some of the Guard troops were armed with lethal weapons.
· Trump says he is 'law and order' president and vows to send US military to quell protests →
President Donald Trump said on Monday he was deploying thousands of heavily armed soldiers and law enforcement to stop violence in the U.S. capital and vowed to do the same in other cities if mayors and governors fail to regain control of the streets.
The New York Times
· Lawmakers Begin Bipartisan Push to Cut Off Police Access to Military-Style Gear →
In response to stark images of heavily armed police confronting unarmed protesters in armored vehicles in Ferguson, Mr. Obama placed limits on that program in 2015, restricting the transfer of weapons, including battering rams and explosives, from the Pentagon to local police.
The New York Times
· As Protests Spur Posts From Athletes, N.B.A. Players Take to the Streets →
The scale at which the deaths of Floyd, Breonna Taylor — a black emergency room technician who was shot in her own apartment by the Louisville police following the execution of a “no knock warrant” in March — and Ahmaud Arbery — a 25-year-old black man who was pursued by armed white residents in February before being killed — touched a nerve among players and some team executives was on display this weekend.
The China Post
· Protesters invoke different names to decry police treatment →
Dominique White.” The 30-year-old Topeka man was armed when officers, responding to a report of gunfire, confronted him and fatally shot him in 2017.
· White man who illegally open carried rifle at protest allowed to walk away by police →
A white man in Chicago armed with a customised AR-15 and decked out in tactical gear showed up to a protest on Sunday and was peacefully turned away by police, despite flagrantly breaking the state's open carry law.
· How can education be secured in times of war? →
From Afghanistan to Myanmar, and from Syria to countries in Africa, school buildings are being bombed or used by armed groups in conflict zones.