· SRC trial: Najib’s lawyers go on offensive in oral submissions, points out inconsistencies within prosecution’s case →
Yesterday, Harvinderjit had argued that Najib allegedly spending the RM42 million said to be from SRC International did not amount to a criminal breach of trust, instead asserting that the money was misappropriated by third parties, pointing the finger at Nik Faisal Ariff Kamil Low instead.
· Mike Pompeo says China's action on India border part of behaviour of ruling Communist Party →
China has moved up its forces along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with India, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday, asserting that authoritarian regimes take these kinds of actions.
· The Power Worshippers: A look inside the American religious right →
They endorsed an austere biblical literalism and rigid hierarchies, which they asserted were ordained by God.
· Bersatu five, including Dr M, insist still members as they have never joined any other political party →
Dr Mahathir asserted that PH could not have been controlled by DAP as he, as the prime minister, would not have allowed it.
· Hong Kong's own leaders have sacrificed its autonomy →
In response, the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, reported to Congress under the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act that Hong Kong no longer warranted treatment different from the rest of China, stating: “No reasonable person can assert today that Hong Kong maintains a high degree of autonomy from China.”
Hong Kong Free Press
· Why I wrote my new book, Liberate Hong Kong: Stories From The Freedom Struggle →
It asserts that the movement thwarted the Party’s attempt to foist fake universal suffrage on Hong Kong.
The Japan Times
· U.S. Presidents have leeway to use military for domestic purposes →
“The president is not asserting the right to enforce federal law.
· History Will Judge the Complicit →
Otherwise, he asserted, “Bolshevism would tomorrow establish itself everywhere.”
The New York Times
· ‘All of It Is Toxic’: Misinformation About Protests Surges Online →
And conservative commentators are asserting with little evidence that antifa, the far-left antifascism activist movement, coordinated the riots and looting that sprang from the protests.
The New York Times
· How to Read a Coronavirus Study, or Any Science Paper →
In April, for example, a team of Stanford researchers published a preprint in which they asserted that the fatality rate of Covid-19 was far lower than other experts estimated.