Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· China disease coverup: Wuhan scientists have ‘defected’ to west and will say 'virus truth' →
He asserted: “The thing was built with French help, so don’t think that there aren’t some monitoring devices in there.
· Mueller defends Russia probe, says Stone remains a felon →
WASHINGTON — Former special counsel Robert Mueller sharply defended his investigation into ties between Russia and Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, writing in a newspaper opinion piece Saturday that the probe was of “paramount importance” and asserting that a Trump ally, Roger Stone, “remains a convicted felon, and rightly so” despite the president’s decision to commute his prison sentence.
· Mueller breaks his silence to defend Russia investigation and Stone prosecution →
In asserting Stone had links to the Russian government, Mueller appears to be referencing a series of private messages the political consultant and longtime Trump friend had with an online persona known as Guccifer 2.0 in August 2016.
· Commentary: Why ‘I was just being sarcastic’ can be such a convenient excuse →
Many people assert they are being sarcastic when they are in fact being ironic, as in the previous example of the weather.
The New York Times
· Trump’s Clemency Came After Displays of Loyalty by Stone →
“It is possible that, by the time the president submitted his written answers two years after the relevant events had occurred, he no longer had clear recollections of his discussions with Stone or his knowledge of Stone’s asserted communications with WikiLeaks,” the Mueller prosecutors wrote in a passage disclosed last month as a result of a lawsuit.
· Virtual selection: How difficult is it for recruiters to study a candidate's body language? →
The only visible limitation is for roles where the candidate’s sensorial skills need to be assessed,” asserts Wadhwa.
The New York Times
· Defying U.S., China and Iran Near Trade and Military Partnership →
The agreement also includes proposals for China to build the infrastructure for a 5G telecommunications network, to offer the new Chinese Global Positioning System, Beidou, and to help Iranian authorities assert greater control over what circulates in cyberspace, presumably as China’s Great Firewall does.
· Why Tottenham are stagnating under José Mourinho, who has yet to evolve →
Mourinho proudly asserted he was not one from the bottle; that bottle would be vintage now.
· DR Congo Justice Minister Celestin Tunda resigns after dispute →
Tshisekedi has struggled to assert himself since forming the coalition government with Kabila, who maintains extensive powers through his parliamentary majority, control of most cabinet ministries and the army.