“Attorney” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Trump promised a health-care plan in two weeks. It’s been two weeks. →
Since then, the administration has chipped away at the law where it can, and has joined an effort by Republican state attorneys general to get the courts to overturn the whole thing.
· A stench of sexism in the VP search →
Her interrogations of Attorney General William P. Barr and now-Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh remind us that no one under consideration is more adept than Harris at shredding the president, who resorts to calling women who ably attack him “nasty.”
· Nuclear bailout tied to bribery scandal was years in making →
Householder and his attorney have not commented since his arrest.
· Judge decries shooting that killed son, injured husband →
Authorities believe he also shot and killed a fellow attorney in California in the days before the attack at Salas’ home.
· The Cybersecurity 202: White House backpedals after Trump’s suggested election delay crossed GOP red line →
The Justice Department also charged Nima Fazeli, 22, of Orlando, and Mason Sheppard, 19, of Bognor Regis, England, according to a release from the U.S. attorney’s office for the Northern District of California.
· Your retirement is close. Here’s how to ride the stock market roller coaster. →
My guests will be Ariel Levinson-Waldman, president and director-counsel for Tzedek DC, and Linda Coe, staff attorney at Tzedek DC, an independent public interest center that provides free legal help to D.C. residents facing debt collection, consumer or credit problems.
· Estate Planning Is not Just for the Wealthy →
Advisers should be sure their clients have their will prepared by an attorney who is well-versed in estate planning, including the laws of their particular state.
· Her family reunion feels unsafe. But her 98-year-old grandma wants her there. →
Rowe, an attorney and yoga teacher in Potomac, Md., tried to explain she was worried she might get her grandma sick.
· A defense contractor died after a bar fight with Marines, and some see a crime. Others see an accident and overzealous prosecution. →
“The fact that a tragic accident happened here does not entail that a crime has been committed,” said Brian Bouffard, Negron’s attorney.