“Backstop” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· TriplePoint Venture Growth (TPVG) CEO James Labe on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
To add to this, we do not presently foresee the need to utilize the $50 million backstop facility from our manager.
· Trimble Inc. (TRMB) CEO Rob Painter on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And we're all watching to see what happens with infrastructure, what happens with the FAST Act, will that get renewed in September, or will it be continuing resolution, that pushes that out, what will be -- will there be a backstop on state DoT funding or there's a number of factors that are impacting the view on the future that hopefully get resolved here shortly.
· Resonant Inc. (RESN) CEO George Holmes on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
That said, I'd like to remind you that 4G is still the dominant filter in the market today and it will continue to grow largely driven by MIMO and non-stand-alone 5G, which uses 4G as an anchor there will be an increasing 4G content even in 5G phones as a backstop for 5G coverage.
· California Resources Bankruptcy Is A Very Unusual Ch.11 Bankruptcy Case →
Tranche A is for $405 million, and 2017 Term Loan holders get 100% participation, after deducting 37.5% that is reserved for the Backstop Parties.
· Fed policymakers say pickup in infections slowing US economic recovery →
The U.S. central bank has cut interest rates to near zero and rolled out roughly a dozen emergency programs to backstop financial markets and support businesses.
The Wall Street Journal
· The GOP Should Let States Decide the Use of Aid Money →
Let the states decide whether to use it for unemployment benefits or some other purpose, such as to backstop their budgets.
The New York Times
· The Chicago Fed president says it’s up to Congress to save the economy. →
The Fed has the ability to offer emergency loans to backstop turbulent markets, but businesses and governments might need grants to make it through.
The New York Times
· Disney+ Hits 58 Million Subscribers →
That has been fueled by government spending, the efforts of the Federal Reserve to backstop the economy and a surge in shares of technology stocks like Apple, Amazon and Microsoft — which have reported higher profits as more people work and shop from home.