· The racist history of Trump’s “When the looting starts, the shooting starts” tweet →
On Friday afternoon, President Donald Trump attempted to backtrack on a tweet that appeared to threaten violence against black Americans protesting the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
· Matt Hancock's obsession with hospitals has warped priorities and cost lives →
While money without limit was thrown at building Nightingale hospitals where thousands of beds remained empty and private firms were being hired in a chaotic ramping up of testing capacity which marginalised NHS labs and wasted time, Jenrick tried to backtrack on a commitment to cover councils’ pandemic spending.
· Livingston: Keeper Gary Maley earns new deal after Twitter poll joke →
The Scottish Premiership club were stunned by the response, with assistant manager David Martindale having to backtrack on a pledge to donate £1 for every vote cast.
· All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus →
Shortly after that, Trump backtracked, saying that he had not compelled private companies to take action.
· Indiana Jones fans backtrack on calls to cancel new film after James Mangold announced as director →
Indiana Jones fans are backtracking on their calls to cancel the new film after learning who will replace Steven Spielberg as director.