· Aubrey Menarndt on Mongolia’s Dynamic Youth →
However, just a few short years later, the Mongolian economy was in such dire straits that in 2017 the country received the fourth-largest bailout in IMF history (proportionate to GDP).
· France’s Renault highlights obstacles to reshoring industries →
In return for a €5 billion bailout for the company, Macron asked for a “strong commitment” to “relocating value-added production” to France.
· An L-Shaped Recovery Is Not An Anomaly, It Is The Norm →
The massive bailout of indebted sectors that already had overcapacity and were in process of obsoleting may also drive the largest wave of malinvestment in decades.
· Bank boss Lagarde must quell Berlin’s unease if she is to boost the eurozone →
Lagarde needs to quickly address the court’s concerns, or risk the bailout programme grinding to a halt.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Showed How Globalization Broke the World →
It took a $3.65 billion bailout package from the Federal Reserve to create herd immunity from LTCM for the Wall Street bulls.
· Bailout set at Lufthansa →
Lufthansa (OTCQX:DLAKF) accepts a more favorable set of bailout terms from the European Commission after rejecting an initial offer.
· Trump is winning the political spin game →
Healthcare costs went up and economic bailouts helped corporations more than they helped American workers.
The China Post
· $10 billion bailout for Germany’s Lufthansa passes hurdle →
BERLIN (AP) — German flagship airline Lufthansa agreed Saturday to a compromise worked out between the government and the European Union, overcoming a major hurdle toward final approval of a 9 billion-euro ($10 billion) bailout from Berlin.
· Apollo Global Management: For When Blood Runs The Street →
This could result in future increases in taxation or not being eligible for bailouts.
· Preliminary agreement reached in Lufthansa bailout row: source →
Germany and Brussels have reached a preliminary agreement in the ongoing row over the 9 billion euro (US$10 billion) bailout of carrier Lufthansa , two people familiar with the matter said.