Barely в новостях
|barely able||Едва способный|
|barely escaped||Едва избежал|
|barely survived||Едва выжил|
|barely visible||Едва видимый|
Идиомы и речевые обороты →
Публикации и примеры предложений
· Kate Middleton heartbreak: Duchess ‘extremely upset’ by Harry and Meghan Markle book →
An extract reads: “Although Meghan tried to make eye contact with Kate, the duchess barely acknowledged her.”
· Andrew Bolt's views diagnosed as ‘disgraceful’ after coronavirus controversies →
“The public broadcasters should have been given this money so that taxpayers who can barely afford to eat and pay rent, let alone subscribe to Fox Sports, could watch women’s and niche sports for free,” Hanson-Young said.
· COVID-19 Pushes POSCO's Steel Business Into The Red, But A Cyclical Bounce Will Come →
Gross margin fell about 11 points year over year and eight points sequentially, staying just barely positive.
· Bale did not wish to play for Real against City, says Zidane →
Bale barely featured for Zidane's side in their run to the Spanish title when the season resumed after the Covid-19 stoppage, starting only one game and was visibly subdued during their celebrations.
The New York Times
· A Promising Life Is Cut Short, Becoming a Symbol of Lebanon’s Heartache →
They had lost too much, they said, dedicating too many of their own for a country that was barely functioning.
· The Genius of Brooks Koepka: Inside the Most Powerful Force at the PGA Championship →
Koepka said afterward that he didn’t remember a single shot Woods hit: “It doesn’t register.” He was asked Thursday about the last few holes of the back nine, and he started to answer, then admitted, “I can barely remember the holes.”
· Warning: Not For Zoom! The Best Summer Tops For Your Day Off →
have barely seen the light of day.But as I gear up for a bit of a staycation this August, I’m looking forward to taking out my ironically-named “going-out tops” for a spin.
· Coronavirus clobbers Uber, leading to $1.8 billion quarterly loss →
At the time, Uber's rides business was (just barely) profitable.
· Commentary: How did Melbourne become the centre of the ‘world’s strictest lockdown’? →
Residents were only barely beginning to savour little things like dining in at restaurants following the easing of restrictions.
· Facebook reportedly removed strikes from conservative pages after executive intervened →
And The Guardian reported in 2018 that barely two years in, the fact-checking program already was in “disarray” amid complaints Facebook wasn’t taking the process seriously enough.