· Step forward for massive tidal power project in River Mersey →
Tidal barrages and tidal power projects have been mooted for the Mersey Estuary for decades without success - but a year long study conducted by the combined authority argued that the geography and composition of Liverpool Bay, as well as advances in technology, mean the project is now a viable option.
· Rachel Riley: Countdown star’s fury over savage ‘bottled it’ row →
In later years she seemed less happy as a Sky Sports commentator and walked away after a year – allegedly due to sexist comments and a barrage of abuse on Twitter.
· China floods: 141 dead or missing in catastrophic floods →
Over 2.24 lakh people have been relocated as China faces “flood catastrophe” with 433 rivers in spate, testing the strength of some of the water barrages including the world’s largest Three Gorges Dam.
The New York Times
· In Tight Race for Polish President, Andrzej Duda Is on Track to Win →
An already bitter campaign turned even uglier in the final days before Sunday’s vote, with Mr. Duda, the Law and Justice party and its supporters in the right-wing media launching a barrage of attacks on Mr. Trzaskowski.
· Indonesians rage on Twitter after Chinese state media claims batik as traditional Chinese art form (VIDEO) →
The clip which has garnered over 237,000 views and 1,800 retweets so far, received a barrage of disapproval from Indonesians.
· Undaunted, US global media chief plows ahead with changes →
WASHINGTON — Despite a barrage of criticism from both Democrats and Republicans, the new chief of U.S. global media is plowing ahead with changes to the Voice of America and other international broadcasters that are heightening concerns about their future as independent news organizations.
· Pointless: How Richard Osman 'ruined show' by blowing big TV secret →
In 2019 when he reiterated that he wasn’t behind the character, he met a barrage of insults including one who said they didn’t know how other presenters “put up with him”.
· England v West Indies: Jermaine Blackwood's 95 sets up victory for tourists →
Blackwood grew in stature, crashing some rasping drives, and was supported by the doughty Dowrich, who did not wilt in the face of a pace barrage.
· This Date in Baseball →
1971 — Reggie Jackson’s mammoth home run off the power generator on the right-field roof at Tiger Stadium highlighted a barrage of six homers — three by each team — as the AL beat the NL 6-4 in the All-Star game.
· AP Sportlight →
1971 — Reggie Jackson hits a mammoth home run off the power generator on the right-field roof at Tiger Stadium to highlight a barrage of six homers — three by each team — as the AL beats the NL 6-4 in the All-Star game.