“Base” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· 4 Closed-End Funds That Will Pay You 8%+ Monthly Dividend Yields →
These top-performing funds (based on three-year returns) recently traded near their net asset values and are paying monthly dividends equating to 8.0% to 10% yields.
· Banning TikTok takes a big tool away from Chinese surveillance work , says White House official →
He said there were social credit scores in China for people based on how compliant they are with the Communist party dictates.
· New Gold: Second-Quarter Results Will Likely Look Bleak →
As per the press release, New Gold investors should not expect improvements in grades anytime soon: “Management continues to work on optimization scenarios, but based on current information, lower grades are expected to continue over the balance of the year and potentially into 2021 [...]”.
· 10 of the best novels set in Germany – that will take you there →
It was the first novel (by a German author) to look at local resistance to the National Socialists and is based on the true story of a working-class couple, the Hampels, which was unearthed from Gestapo files and handed to Fallada by the Soviets.
· Have gains from Foreign Stocks? Know your tax implications in India →
Residential status is determined based on the number of days spent in by an individual in India in the relevant year as well as the earlier years (to differentiate between ‘ordinarily resident and ‘not ordinarily resident)’.
· Clorox: Setting Up For A Decade Of Negative Returns →
We will assume a 3% EPS growth rate from this high base, which is likely optimistic.
· Studs set to throw millions at Sunlight in broodmare sale →
Blaxland believes $3 million is a fair valuation, but he wouldn't be surprised if she surpassed that based on her record on the track.
· Logging Victoria's burnt forest would hurt 30 threatened species, study says →
“However, as logs from these coupes will have a very clear and specific set of risks, based upon threatened species analysis and the recent federal court ruling, the risk of illegality for logs from these areas is potentially even higher.”
The Japan Times
· Trio tied to U.S. military lied about Japan travel plans, then tested positive for COVID-19 →
Tokyo’s concerns over a COVID-19 outbreak at U.S. military bases in the country have grown after Defense Minister Taro Kono revealed that three individuals linked to a base in Yamaguchi Prefecture who later tested positive for the virus had lied about their travel plans after entering the country.
· Donald Trump says he will soon sign new merit-based immigration act →
Trump, who is seeking re-election in November, has long sought to overhaul the US immigration system to be based on merit rather than family ties.