“Beat” in the news
|managed to beat|
|when they beat|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Rangers' opponents Bayer Leverkusen seek to salvage season in Europa League →
Runaway champions Bayern Munich beat them 4-2 in the DFB Pokal showpiece a month ago.
· Bursa Malaysia ends morning session firmer →
Market breadth was positive, with gainers beating losers 553 to 462, while 416 counters were unchanged, 548 untraded and 26 others suspended.
· HubSpot, Inc. (HUBS) CEO Brian Halligan on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
You did raise your full year kind of revenue guidance pretty meaningfully above and beyond the beat in the current quarter.
· 2020 NBA 2K League Results: Jazz Gaming Continue Dominant Season →
If NetsGC beats Knicks Gaming on Tuesday but loses to Hornets Venom GT on Wednesday, Brooklyn needs both Bucks Gaming and T-Wolves Gaming to finish 8-8 because it holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over those two teams.
The Daily Star
· 'Job done' as Solskjaer's United reach Europa League last eight →
Elsewhere, Antonio Conte's Inter Milan will face either Steven Gerrard's Rangers or Bayer Leverkusen with the Germans holding a 3-1 lead going into Thursday's match after his side beat Getafe 2-0.
· TriplePoint Venture Growth (TPVG) CEO James Labe on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Quite a few of our companies are now beating these plans in fact implying that the situation is not as bad as they had forecasted a few months ago.
· Saints may be following in the footsteps of the Tigers →
Yes, they're still a little inconsistent – whether it be losses to North Melbourne in round one, or Fremantle in round six – but their best is clearly good enough to beat anyone.
· Thursday briefing: Leaders knew stockpile could 'blow up all of Beirut' →
Anthony Martial scored a late winner as a laboured Manchester United beat Lask 2-1 to secure passage to the Europa League last eight.
· Nevro Corp (NVRO) CEO Keith Grossman on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
You beat out a lot of your peers pretty handily.
· FARO Technologies, Inc. (FARO) CEO Michael Burger on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our Q2 non-GAAP operating expense of $37.7 million beat our stated objective, a full 6 months earlier than expected.