“Behind” in the news
|behind the scenes|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Edinburgh sky to be lit up for launch of international festival →
The light installation will be switched on at 9.30pm on Saturday around many of the festival’s venues and concert halls, which will also be illuminated internally by lanterns shining and pulsing behind their closed doors.
· Dune release date schedule 'CRUSHED' as Denis Villeneuve details pandemic struggles →
Since then, Villeneuve has been hard at work behind the scenes on bringing the film to a natural conclusion whilst working remotely.
· Ruth's Hospitality Group: Time To Take A Bite For The Value In These Bones →
While there is significant uncertainty regarding the timetable for when conditions can normalize which will likely depend on full containment of the virus, we think the stock has value at current levels with the worst of the situation behind it.
· Wall Street Breakfast: Microsoft Back On Track To Acquire TikTok's U.S. Operations →
It is the third time in less than a decade that Apple has faced trademark and patent challenges in its #2 market (behind the U.S.).
· Big Tech Faithful Shouldn’t Ignore Antitrust Risk →
In August 1997, the company became the second largest in the U.S. by market value, behind only General Electric.
· This 'Wolf' Will Bite You — And You'll Like It →
She knows death can be awful for those left behind.
· Her family reunion feels unsafe. But her 98-year-old grandma wants her there. →
Davis had been the driving force behind three decades of Winrow family reunions, which draw up to 200 people from 30 states every other summer.
· Pope Benedict: How ex-Vatican chief 'breached Catholic rules' amid major health fears →
This didn't materialise though, and Francis - who is said to have initially supported some relaxing of the rules - dismissed the notion, with many claiming Benedict's intervention was one of the driving forces behind the decision.
· No 'final four' event for African Champions League →
Rabat will also host the final at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium on 27 September with all matches played behind closed doors.
· Coronavirus game changer: New 90-min test 'no bigger than a cartridge' snapped up by NHS →
Professor Chris Toumazou, the Chief Executive of one of the companies behind the new tests, DNA Nudge, explained how it worked to Sky News.