“Beneath” in the news
|beneath the costa|
|beneath the surface|
Publications and example sentences
· My favourite game: England v Australia, Fifth Test, the Oval 2009 →
Cricket is filled with moments of theatre but could this, beneath blue skies with a raucous, disbelieving crowd brought to its feet, ever be bettered?
· 'Bulging valleys': Call for state to halt catchment coal mining →
The mine is located adjacent to Lake Cordeaux and beneath an ecologically significant and endangered swamp, dubbed 15a, which feeds Sandy Creek and its waterfall.
The Wall Street Journal
· Couture, For Sure →
See Robert Polidori’s photographs of Pompeii and Oplontis, part of a lifelong project to explore memories beneath the surfaces.
· Well done, Twitter. You've finally figured out how to deal with Trump's tweets →
Protests also broke out in at least nine other American cities, reminding Americans that their law enforcement systems too often consider African Americans disposable and beneath concern for their basic safety and human rights.
The New York Times
· 4 Books to Inspire Your Inner Designer →
The designers’ ideas for multipurpose furniture — tables that morph into chairs and lecterns, rollout beds that tuck beneath desks — seem especially relevant in our sheltered-in-place age.
· The Vast of Night review – mesmerising retro sci-fi →
Yet as with so many of its genre predecessors, beneath the surface lurks a socioeconomic subtext.
· Out on the 'microbeats' where police hope to reclaim London's streets from gangs →
An imitation handgun and a large machete were recently found hidden beneath marrows at a London Road grocery, planted by gang members should a situation escalate.
· Stir-crazy Victorians ready to hit the regions within days →
Executive planning director for ClemengerBBDO, Paul Rees-Jones, who teases out the cultural trends beneath the long sets of data, believed the time spent at home during the pandemic had reacquainted people with the value of slow and relaxing time with family and friends.
The Japan Times
· Spot where George Floyd died now impromptu forum in Minneapolis →
Standing beneath the mural with signs reading “Charge all four,” and “Jail all racist killer cops,” mourners said they wanted the other three officers who were present to be arrested as well.
· 'Every mosque has a great story to tell': Documenting Singapore’s lost mosques →
“These mosques were built on stilts, which allow cross-ventilating breeze beneath the dwelling to cool the space whilst mitigating the effects of the occasional flood,” he noted.