“Better” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Visa Inc. (V) Al Kelly Presents at Piper Sandler Global Exchange & FinTech Conference (Transcript) →
And so people can get our network very, very quickly and I think that's a real positive for us and for them, but net-net the more the better, big, small, single country, multi-country players where our doors got a big open sign on, if they come talk to us about being a partner on our network.
· Greif, Inc. (GEF) CEO Pete Watson on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
RIPS Second quarter sales fell roughly $9 million versus the prior year quarter on a currency neutral basis due to raw material price declines in corresponding contractual pricing adjustments, which was partially offset by strategic pricing actions and better volumes in certain regions.
· AutoCanada, Inc. (AOCIF) on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We'll have a better sense for this as we head into the summer, but I suspect that times like this can sometimes result in a strengthening of a business foundation.
· Black and minority Americans more likely to get Covid-19, House panel hears →
Witnesses also called for better data collection to target resources to geographic areas and demographics where infection is spreading.
· PJSC LUKOIL (LUKOY) Management on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
This means that our normalized metrics look considerably better.
· Five Stock For The New Abnormal →
A) the travel industry is being bailed out, for better or worse.
· G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (GIII) CEO Morris Goldfarb on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But if anything, our denim business is better than we had anticipated, not an area to be concerned about.
· Baidu Inc: 1Q2020 Results Beat Street Forecasts By Wide Margin →
On the margin side, 1Q margin was better than expected, especially for Baidu Core, due to: 1) disciplined sales & marketing spending, and 2) lower traffic acquisition costs.
The New York Times
· There Is a Playbook for Police Reform →
The task force’s final report in May 2015 outlined specific improvements that can make policing more just, safe, effective and constitutional — and work better for everyone.
The New York Times
· McConnell Protégé Moves Toward Confirmation to D.C. Appeals Court →
The organization changed its position when he was put forward for the appeals court, saying his academic background and writing skills were a better fit for that job.