“Beyond” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Former minister Teresa Kok says ‘history repeating itself’ after Malaysian Rubber Board chairman ‘expedites’ nod for RM100m project in own constituency →
The project, she said, then turned out to be an unsalvageable white elephant and MRB was still paying millions of ringgit beyond the original cost for the incomplete project.
· Premier League must finally share its riches to save English football →
The argument for financial reform is at last beyond credible dispute as historic clubs face ruin owing to the Covid-19 crisis
· 'What planet are they on?' Newspapers react after Boris Johnson stands by Dominic Cummings →
The latest news on Brexit, politics and beyond direct to your inbox
· Coronavirus could see 60 football clubs go out of business, Championship owner fears →
Up to 60 English lower league football clubs could go out of business if the sport fails to plan for the impact of Covid-19 beyond the current season.
· 'Transcendentally boring': the joy of job simulation games →
Beyond all this, simulators have an emotional and nostalgic value.
The New York Times
· What the Coronavirus Revealed About Life in Red vs. Blue States →
Beyond perception and ideology, there are starkly different realities for red and blue America right now.
The New York Times
· The Cost of Rushing Back to Sports: A Star’s Life →
From there, it is thought, soldiers spread the flu across the country and into the trenches of Europe and then far beyond, fueling one of the worst disasters in human history.
· China's belt and road initiative: what is it and why is Victoria under fire for its involvement? →
The framework reveals the partnership is looking to go beyond Chinese investment in infrastructure, including potential partnerships on biotechnology, agriculture, food, cosmetics, and a wide variety of industries.