· Boris Johnson approval rating plunges by 20 points in four days amid Dominic Cummings scandal →
The latest news on Brexit, politics and beyond direct to your inbox
· Malaysian Rubber Board chairman says RM100m project in his constituency yet to be approved →
The project, she said, then turned out to be a white elephant and MRB was still paying millions of ringgit beyond the original cost for the incomplete project.
The Japan Times
· Olympic approval could benefit cricket’s development in Japan →
With up to 1.2 billion fans residing in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the Summer Olympics can help grow cricket, the world’s second most popular sport with an estimated global fan base of 2.5 billion, beyond its traditional commonwealth outposts.
· A Florida toy importer braces for retail upheaval →
A failure to extend those benefits beyond July could further hurt consumer spending, he said.
· New norm: Musicians performing on video game platforms →
Driving the news: Minecraft, a popular video game in which players can create and join 3D worlds, will host a dance music festival with some of the biggest electronic artists next month, including Electric Blockaloo, Diplo, A-Trak, Above & Beyond and others.
· 'The big show': US poised to return to human spaceflight with historic launch →
More than 10,000 jobs were lost, and the economy around the Florida space center tanked, despite Nasa’s continuing robotic exploratory missions to Mars and beyond.
· There’s No Historical Justification for One of the Most Dangerous Ideas in American Law →
Adrian Vermeule: Beyond originalism
· The Secret Lives of Teenage Sidekicks →
The leads of classic American coming-of-age films tend to have at least one thing in common: Beyond their youthful ennui, most of them are white, well-off, and surrounded by people who look a lot like them.
· Bolt, the European on-demand transport company, raises $109M on a $1.9B valuation →
Formerly known as Taxify, Bolt rebranded last year as it expanded beyond private car rides into other areas like electric scooters and food delivery — and the plan will be to use this funding to expand all three business areas in the coming months, along with newer product categories like Business Delivery in-city same-day courier services and Bolt Protect for people to continue to use its ride-hailing services by kitting out cars with plastic sheeting between driver and passenger seats.
· Tenet: Christopher Nolan crashed real plane into a building for explosion scene →
Armed with only one word – Tenet – and fighting for the survival of the entire world, the Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.