|black and white||黒と白|
· Louisville demonstrators help clean up protest area →
Crowds of protesters held signs and chanted outside police headquarters over the death of George Floyd, the black man who died Monday after being pinned to the ground with a knee on his neck by a white police officer in Minneapolis.
· Officer charged with murder of black American, as protests spread →
“The pain that the black community feels over this murder and what it reflects about the treatment of black people in America is raw and is spilling out onto streets across America.”
The Japan Times
· Trump’s ‘looting, shooting’ tweet echoes 1960s Miami police chief →
Trump, in his follow-up tweets, appeared to be referring to the deadly shooting of a man outside a Minneapolis pawn shop on the second night of protests there and to the wounding of people in Louisville, Kentucky, when gunfire broke out at a Thursday protest stemming from the March police shooting death of a 26-year-old black woman.
· Protesters gather outside White House →
Taylor, a 26-year-old black woman, was killed by Louisville police on March 13 when three plainclothes officers raided her home during a “no-knock” search warrant.
The New York Times
· Atlanta Protesters Clash With Police as Mayor Warns ‘You Are Disgracing Our City’ →
Demonstrations unfolded in cities across the United States after a video emerged this week of a white Minneapolis police officer using his knee to pin down George Floyd, a black man who died in the incident.