“Border” in the news
|across the border|
|near the border|
Publications and example sentences
· 'This is how they drive you mad': refugee turns anguish into art →
I was the one who always talked with the Serco manager, and the Australian Border Force officers, always challenged them.”
· U.S. Stock Market Regains Lead As Top Global Performer For 2020 →
On another front, it doesn't help that China-India tensions are rising at a shared Himalayan border.
· Trip.com Group Ltd (TCOM) CEO Jane Sun on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
However, international demand plummeted as more and more country adopted home quarantine and border control policies.
· Friday briefing: US roils with George Floyd death protests →
At least two border force staff have died with Covid-19.
· Social distancing measures revised, gathering numbers increased in WA's next step out of restrictions →
Our border controls have been our best weapons.
· 12% of UK immigration staff had Covid-19 symptoms from January to April →
Nearly 2,000 Border Force and UK Visas & Immigration staff recorded a period of sickness
· Travel disruptions, cost cutting key issues for US business in China, says report →
Both US and European business groups are lobbying China to allow foreign workers back into the country after it shut its borders in late March to non-Chinese nationals to curb the coronavirus.
· Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules and restrictions explained: how far can I travel, and can I have people over? →
ACT – There are no border restrictions.
· Yonhap News Summary →
The soldier, stationed in the border town of Cheorwon, Gangwon Province, underwent a COVID-19 test upon returning from vacation, as his parents were suspected of contracting the virus.
· General Electric (GE) Presents at Bernstein 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Virtual Conference (Transcript) →
And it's been challenging because so much of what we do does take place in the field and given travel challenges, border friction, just our customer’s attempts to limit visitors on job sites as part of their own COVID routine.