“Brand” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· You learn a bit working on a local paper. It's all about the people →
Precisely 50 years ago this month, self-conscious in a three-piece suit and tie, I walked through the modest doorway of the Portland Observer as a brand new cadet journalist.
· John Wick only got its name because Keanu Reeves kept saying the wrong title →
Kolstad also addressed the industry shutdown amid the coronavirus pandemic, and emphasised the importance of good branding, of which Reeves’s inadvertent name change was an example.
· Pepsi’s new digital first campaign encourages social distancing in the new normal →
With the global pandemic impacting different sectors, digital has emerged as a popular choice for brands as they have taken to the medium to connect with consumers effectively.
· My streaming gem: why you should watch Terror Firmer →
In many ways it is the ur-Troma, a distillation and compilation of everything great (and not so great) about its brand of movie-making.
The China Post
· VW spending $2.2B to expand in China’s electric car market →
VW, General Motors Co., Nissan Motors Co. and other brands are spending heavily to develop models that can compete on price, range and features without subsidies.
· Reopening of galleries a boon for art-starved Sydneysiders →
Art Gallery of NSW director Michael Brand is looking forward to reopening.Credit:Edwina Pickles
· What to see? Picks from the art galleries →
Online bookings essential for free timed tickets to the general collection and the Biennale as well as: Under the stars, timed to coincidence with the 250th anniversary of the arrival of Captain Cook, displays stargazing and mapping by Indigenous and non-Indigenous artists; Shadow Catchers investigates the way shadows and mirrors haunt our understanding of photography; Some Mysterious Process, 50 years of collecting international contemporary art curated by gallery director Michael Brand; In one drop of water, explores the symbolic and social significance of water in Asian art.
· Royal Enfield Bullet 500 custom-built as classic Husqvarna MX style makes one picture-perfect bike →
David of Rod Motorcycles had a brand new Royal Enfield Bullet 500 to work with and a two-month deadline to meet.
· Trip.com Group Ltd (TCOM) CEO Jane Sun on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And for your information, international transportation accounted for close to half of our total transportation revenue in the second half -- in the second quarter last year, which mainly includes our outbound air ticket as well as our air revenues from our international brands.
The Japan Times
· Nissan falls behind rivals in industry’s critical transitional period →
Global competition is growing as Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. and French automaker PSA Group, which manufactures vehicles under the Peugeot and Citroen brands, are set to merge to create the world’s fourth-largest automobile maker by volume.