· 'I was my own biggest enemy': Football star fights to overcome drug ban →
His playing career was brought to an abrupt halt in May 2018.
· Covid-19: Nine people from community infected in Singapore, another 602 linked to workers’ dormitories →
Earlier, MOH confirmed 611 new cases for the day, bringing the total number of infections here to 33,860.
· Reform at last: adultery will no longer be a crime in Taiwan →
“Most of the time it’s men who cause the adultery, but it’s often women who bring on the charges - they feel betrayed and perhaps feel that criminal punishment is one way to preserve their marriage,” Chen told The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald.
The China Post
· Quarantine bottlenecks add to woes of returning Filipinos →
Hans Cacdac, who heads the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, told a congressional hearing Friday that public transport restrictions under the Manila lockdown prevented the workers from being moved out of the capital en masse, but said most have been brought back to their provinces this week after the president intervened.
· Johns Hopkins: US records 1,225 coronavirus deaths in 24 hours →
WASHINGON, May 30 ― The United States recorded 1,225 coronavirus deaths yesterday, bringing its total to 102,798 since the global pandemic began, according to a tally kept by Johns Hopkins University.
The Japan Times
· Videos of U.S. police killings spur protests — and sometimes charges →
In other high-profile cases, criminal charges have been brought after public protests, but not as quickly as in Minneapolis.
· PM Modi writes open letter, says India traversing on path to 'victory' against COVID-19 →
“The Ram Mandir judgment, delivered unanimously by the honourable Supreme Court of India, brought an amicable end to a debate persisting for centuries.
· Visitor to Lake of Ozarks, criticized over crowded party, has COVID-19 →
Andrew Cuomo said Friday that the city is on track to begin Phase I reopening on June 8, a week from Monday, as long as it meets the outstanding criteria related to hospital capacity remaining low and bringing contact tracing up to speed.
· Nickel Monthly News For The Month Of May 2020 →
CRU is assessing the full economic impact of bringing swaths of the global economy to a standstill.
· Brazil's coronavirus death toll overtakes Spain's: Live updates →
It also had a record number of new cases - 26,928 in one day - bringing the total number of infections to 465,166.